Some goodness are mentioned here:
- Reduce mains interference (in and out!)
- True balanced power
- Removes power line noise
- Eliminates ground loop
- Reduces radiated fields from equipment or cables
- Soft start / reduce turn-on surge
- Reduces interference between equipment
We offer several grades of high quality transformer cores that can be used for different types of application. Usage of other lower grade transformer cores will not produce the same results and might even add unwanted properties to the sound. Use others at your own risk!
- Z11 and H14, EI core, up to 1KVA for single unit, 2KVA for double unit
- Good for medium high power applications.
- Super Hi-B double C, up to 350VA for single unit, 700VA for double unit
- Good for medium-low power applications.
- Z11 grade, toroid core, up to 2KVA for single unit
- Good for very high power applications.
- Other higher KVA, please contact us.
It is best to connect only a single equipment per isolation transformer and size them accordingly. Having all your gears connected to a single unit of isolation transformer is less ideal too. Equipment themselves generate noise. Putting all of them together is going to cross-pollute each other. Underload or overload are not desirable. We aim to isolate not just the noise from mains, but also noise from the connected audio gears.
It is recommended to load it to ~75% to have enough headroom although our units are tested to 100% load or more. Isolation transformer is a transformer. It does not act like a regulator unless additional circuit and design are built in to keep the output at regulated voltage desired by user. It has a standard primary:secondary ratio.
Standard unit are 1:1 and output voltage is specified at 50% load. This means that at 50% load, the output voltage will be same as the input voltage. If it is underload, the output voltage will be higher and vice versa. Other manufacturers do not tell you this but we do. It all works the same. So, please specify your needs and usage model when you order. Other working model or multiple taps can be built if your mains have other issues like constant low or high voltages issues and such, please email us.
Notes: additional features can be added per customer requests.
- Balanced power lowers noise floor.
- Increase if dynamic range for up to 15-20dB.
- Keep ground plane clean.
- Reduce reactive current in ground line (reduce noise floor).
- Cancel noise by CMR method (common mode rejection).
- Reduce radiated fields on cable and equipment.
Enough with all the talks and theories. Let's look at some pictures of our custom builds!
|Full aluminum chassis (non-magnetic - no hum / rattles compared to steel chassis)|
|Thick front plate with voltage indicator|
|High quality IEC sockets|
|Others IEC is only 76g.|
|Ours IEC socket is 115g! (others can be used per user request)|
|Cryoed gold plated copper IEC inlet with screw terminals (solder-less, others can be requested)|
|Military grade fuse holder (30mm type)|
|Solid wood plate with copper terminals|
|Optional - discrete custom made modular DC filter and EMI/RFI filter|
|Z11 EI 1KVA Isolation Transformer Unit|
J&K Audio Design